As 2007 soon is history, I feel it is appropriate for me to sum it all up for myself.
Even though my hearing is coming to an end, there are, however, sounds to look forward to. And that is the CI-sound! Still have to wait for it, but in the meantime, I can take care of myself and prepare myself as best as I can.
The year 2007 gave me many good things:
- I started really believing in a better life for myself.
- I learned A LOT about myself and life in general.
- I’m much more self-confident in my role as a father to my beloved son.
- I consolidated my relationship to my great, great super girlfriend. Thanks for being in my life, honey!!!
- I had the opportunity to spend time with my girlfriend 😉
- I learned a lot more about CI, and I’m even more certain that it is what I need.
- My health improved a lot from reduced stress.
- I did a fair share of traveling and had a lot of activities. I’ve been busy, all right 🙂
- This blog has become a good thing for me, I also made new online-friends from it 🙂
- I discovered that my knee(s) probably need surgery so I can exercise again. (too much pain lately). It’s a good time to fix such stuff now, as I’m waiting for CI anyway 🙂 Just hope I don’t have to wait too long for the knees to be fixed either…
- I made a lot of new acquaintances in the CI-community, for which I am grateful…
- My life seems to fall into place now, as opposed to a little more than one year ago, where I felt everything fell apart…
- Took care of my eyesight (new lenses and new glasses)
- Relationship with family improved overall.
- I learned to cope with my tinnitus, it’s almost soothing sometimes
- I’m reading books on a steady basis again! For many years I have been so tired/fatigued that my ability to concentrate was very poor. I used to be an avid reader of everything, and now I’m on my way back 🙂
- I’m sleeping well again.
The year 2007 gave me a few downturns too:
- CI surgery is still in the blue as for a fixed date
- The music’s over for now. I get no more pleasure from it (only occasional glimpses), only more fatigue and “head/earaches” 😦
- Speaking of fatigue; my battery is still worn these days, it takes long time to charge and very short time to empty… But it has improved a little, and that is to me good news, really! I feel the tide turned in 2007.
- Trouble walking stairs both up and down, thus disabling me to exercise rigorously, which was supposed to have been my project number one this year (in preparation to CI-surgery). Even swimming was painful… Will be fixed soon I hope…
- The tinnitus became a factor that I had to deal with. It is slowly increasing in force (louder and louder), but luckily it’s a steady tone, rather than the chaotic concert it was at first…. It’s more prone to appear when I’m tired, so it’s a signal for me too, to slow down or turn off my hearing aids for a break…
All in all, 2007 was a good year for me. Happy New Year, everyone!!!